Monday, February 25, 2008

MATCHBOX 20!!!!

Jay got us some tickets on the floor at the Sprint Center to see Matchbox 20. We went to that concert tonight while Jay's cousin Christine watched the kiddos for us. We got some serious rock star parking right outside of the doors at the Sprint center and didn't have to wait long to get into the arena. We got ourselves a $5 soda and sat down in our seats to enjoy some adult conversation before the concert started. Unfortunately we were surrounded by some serious winos on both sides of us that ended up squeezing us tighter together than we've been in public in a long time!

The opening act was MuteMouth and they were actually pretty entertaining. They have one famous song that neither Jay nor I can remember the name of. They were doing back flips over their keyboards, standing on the drums, and at one point in time every member of the band was standing around the drums playing them.

The next opening act was Alanis Morisette (sp?). I thought that she would be pretty good since she has like 4 or 5 really good songs...unfortunately she played a lot of junk that no one knew. Our running joke of the evening was that at one point in time I told Jay "I just want to go push her off of the stage and say 'Isn't it Ironic?' as I see her falling off." I just really wanted to get to the main event.

When Matchbox 20 was getting ready to come out they had this big barred screen that they had a little space man roaming around to a Johnny Cash song while a countdown was going on above the screen. Then they came out and completely rocked it out. I think Jay enjoyed the concert just as much if not more than I did. Truthfully I think that Rob Thomas is one of Jay's man crushes. I cannot blame him. They put on an AWESOME show and it was worth every single penny!







They played one encore set and they played a three song set during that set. I could've stayed there all night listening to them play. What was cool was once they were done playing Rob Thomas jumped down off of the stage and was shaking hands with the fans. He's just a really cool guy. He didn't really talk much because he said he wanted to cram as many songs into the couple of hours that we had as possible. AWESOME SHOW!!! I hope y'all enjoy the photos!

No comments: