Friday, September 30, 2011

Coming soon...O'Brien baby #4!

Yes, folks...that's right we're having another baby! We are 17 weeks along with our 4th baby. The little one is due to arrive on March 5, 2012.

The kids are super excited and Bella tells us all the time that she can't wait to hold the baby. We rented a doppler so the kids can listen to the baby's heartbeat. The kids think that the doppler is a two-way radio and when they hear the baby's heartbeat they start screaming into the speaker "I love you baby!" Taylor is working on her reading skills by reading Your Pregnancy Week By Week. They all like to kiss my tummy and rub the baby. Kinsey will tell me "that's my baby." I hope she likes the new addition when it is out and requiring mom and dad's attention.

Our ultrasound is scheduled for November 4, 2011 when we will get a good look at the little tyke and see whether the baby is a he or a she. According tot he Chinese birth chart the baby is supposed to be a girl. Jay really feels like it is a boy and I feel like it is a girl. Taylor and Bella have both said "we have enough sisters, we need a brother." I hope the baby isn't shy and tells us whether to think pink or blue!

I have been feeling the baby pop and flutter around for a while now. I've only been positive that what I was feeling was baby movement for about two weeks or so. I woke up last week to the feeling of a rhythmic "jumping bean" in my tummy. I guess the baby was ready for me to get up.

I remember when I was pregnant with Bella I had curled up next to Jay while he was sleeping and he woke up thinking I was poking him before he realized that it was Bella kicking him. His game after that was to put his hand on my tummy anytime he woke up through the night because it would get the baby moving around. It will be a while yet before he can start his little game with this baby and he may be so exhausted now with 3 other kids running around to never wake up in the middle of the night.

I am still taking my dance class trying to keep some muscle tone through the pregnancy. My protective little Taylor had laid down in my room and was asleep waiting for me when I got home. When I woke her up to take her to bed she just smiled at me and said "good, I'm glad you're home" and trudged off to bed. So precious!

No comments: