Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"That's Taylor's Mommy"

Yes, I have entered that phase of my life. I was entering Taylor's preschool when a little girl and her mother passed me on their way out. The little girl tugged on her mommy's pants, pointed at me, and said "that's Taylor's mommy". I lived the first parts of my life as "Pete's granddaughter", "Sam's neice", "Nora's daughter", "Jackie's sister", "Jay's wife", "Bill O'Brien's daughter-in-law", and I have now progressed to "Taylor's mommy". I kind of like the sound of that. Despite the fact that Taylor is 2 1/2 years old it still seems odd to me to be referred to as "Taylor's mommy". I remember my mom always being referred to as "Jessi's mom" and it sounded so official. It is truly an honor to be known and labelled as someone's mom.

No comments: